There are a number of events/statuses that can be observed on your peer review timeline. These are dictated by the journal. Below are some of the events/status which can be observed and what they mean.
- Editor assigned - A journal editor is reviewing the manuscript
- Reviewers invited - Invitations to review the manuscript have been sent
- Reviewers accepted - Reviewers have agreed to review the manuscript
- Reviews received - Reviews of the manuscript have been received
- Major/Minor revision - A revision of the manuscript has been requested
- Rejected - The manuscript is no longer under consideration
- Accepted - The manuscript has been accepted for publication