If your manuscript is still under consideration at an In Review journal, revisions must be submitted via the journal's submission system through which you originally submitted your manuscript. In Review only posts versions of your manuscript currently being considered by the journal. Once you have submitted your revision to the journal, you cancontact us to request the revision be posted as a new version of the preprint.
Note that Nature-branded journals do not support preprint versioning on In Review. You can contact us if you would like to check whether your journal supports versioning.
If your preprint is no longer under consideration at the journal or was directly submitted to Research Square, you are welcome to submit a new version of your manuscript using the following:
- Log in to your Research Square account
- Click on the preprint to view the preprint page.
- Click on "View your private pages" link located above the preprint title.
- Select “Add new version” from the left hand side menu.
- Fully update the title, authors, abstract, keywords, and upload any necessary files to reflect all changes to the manuscript by using the edit icons in the upper right hand corner of each section.
- Click the “Submit” button.
We will then prepare a new preprint version for you based on the new information and files. Please note, each revision will create a new version of the preprint. All versions will remain available online but will have the same DOI.