- Click the “Submit a Preprint” button.
- Enter your manuscript’s title and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Create an account or log into your existing account.
- Upload your manuscript file as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file by either dragging and dropping the file into the upload box or clicking on “browse” to locate the file on your computer.
- Add your manuscript's basic information, including title, abstract, author information, figures, supplementary files, subject areas, keywords, and article type by selecting the edit icon in the top right hand side of each section. Note: The information you put in these sections will be posted as part of your preprint exactly as you enter it.
- Enter the primary institution information and select the “Save Institution” button.
- Click on the declaration statements that are in your manuscript. Please note that a statement of potential conflict of interests is required. Click on the “Submit” button.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to post your preprint publicly and permanently. Select the “Proceed with my preprint” button.
- Your draft will then show that your preprint has been submitted and is in the process of being prescreened by our team.
After you submit your manuscript to Research Square, it will be checked by our editorial staff to ensure it meets our requirements for online posting. We will email you when your preprint is posted online and ready to be shared, typically within 24-48 hours. At that time, you will receive a DOI and a link to the public version of your preprint to share with others.