We currently accept the following:
- Research Article - a full article of the kind that appears in academic journals. Research Articles usually take the form of Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, and Conclusions.
- Systematic Review - a formal evaluation of the literature on a particular topic, including clearly defined inclusion/exclusion criteria, an exclusion flowchart, and a meta-analysis of available results.
- Method Article - a full description of a new method. A Method Article should include a write-up of the steps taken to validate the method, with results to support this validation.
- Short Report - a brief write up of a single experiment. This often takes the form of a single figure with brief accompanying text to explain how the figure was obtained.
- Case Report - a write-up of an individual clinical presentation. This is usually accompanied by a literature review to place in the context of current clinical understanding.
- Data Note - a single dataset accompanied by a brief write up of how the data were obtained.
We do not accept literature reviews, hypotheses, opinions, theories, or commentaries.