Digital Editing will not correct every error in your paper, or catch as many mistakes as a human editor would. However, it will make noticeable improvements to your paper that you will see in tracked changes as well as the Language Quality Score provided before and after editing. AJE's Digital Editing tool was trained using a unique dataset of thousands of scientific and technical manuscripts written by authors around the world.
Some of the changes and corrections you can expect to see are:
- Changes to articles (like "the" or "an") that are used incorrectly
- Spelling and capitalization errors
- Awkward phrasing (e.g., "in the current time" changed to "currently")
- Incorrect word choices (e.g., confusing "latter" and "later")
- Incorrect prepositions (like "above" or "among") may be changed
Digital Editing will not make changes to the overall structure of your paper. It also will not change or format references or any text contained in images embedded in your manuscript. We do not provide Editing Certificates for Digital Editing because it is not performed by one of our professional editors.