Yes, you are able to opt in to preprinting directly from Research Square using the following steps
- Log into your Research Square account.
- You will need to select the paper from Research Square.
- Select either “Post my preprint” from the left hand side menu or the “Learn More” button.
- Select the button labeled either “Opt in to In Review” or “Post my Preprint”.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you and your co-authors agree to opt in to posting a public preprint through the In Review service (if the journal is participating) or asking you to agree to terms and conditions and confirm that you would like a preprint posted (if the journal is not participating in In Review).
By selecting the “Opt in to In Review” button, the journal will be informed that you want to opt into the preprint service. Once your manuscript has either passed the journal quality control checks or been sent out for peer review, we will post your preprint on Research Square.
By selecting the “Post My Preprint” button, your preprint will be posted onto Research Square without any journal branding once it passes our internal screening. This process typically takes up to 48 hours.